Thursday, May 28, 2009

Apple on the Cheap-ish

So, as many of you know, I am a fervent Apple Fan Boy. I suffered in the PC world for many years. About 6 years ago, I saw the light. It took time to learn the new system, but I have experienced very few problems and NO viruses. So, that means, I've worked more WITH my computers than ON my computers.

One constant complaint is Apple computers are too expensive. I think one truth is that you will spend more on an Mac. You can buy a cheap PC. You can't buy a cheap Mac....or can you?

I have only purchased one new Mac. It was the first. I still have my first eMac. It works great. It has never been to the shop. It has never had a virus or malware. It is running the latest version of the Mac operating system. Since then, I have either purchased used Macs or refurbished Macs from Apple. Here are the links to my two favorite options.

Apple Refurbished (same warranty as a new Mac)
http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/mac?mco=MTE3NjY

Mac of All Trades (Used Macs-30 day warranty)
https://www.macofalltrades.com/

I hope to receive my 7th Mac today from Mac of All Trades. It is a 1.25GHz PowerMac G4 from 2003. I'll be using it for my new sales system. Best of all......it was $149.99! Even with the upgrades, I spent less than $300 with shipping.

Maybe a Mac is more accessible than you think!

2 comments:

Brandy Frank said...

this is a really great idea. I have a macbook pro - got it in June just before the shootshop. my first mac ever and oh how I love it. Brandon really wants a mac but we can't get him a new one yet, but this is something to look into! he really HATES his PC! LOL :)

Miss Bee said...

... i feel like you wrote this post just for me! :)